About the School:
In September 2018, the school PAN will increase to 240, and as part of the expansion, a new £4million block will be completed. This will include state-of-the-art facilities, comprising a Sixth Form Centre, 12 English/Film rooms, a Film Editing suite, a theatre, drama studios and a film atrium. In October 2017, the School received a very good Ofsted inspection which confirmed our judgements, and fully endorsed our ambition to be ‘excellent in all that we do’.
Recently, Challenge Partners visited the school in March and confirmed teaching as Good, but Staff Development/CPD as an ‘area of excellence’. This accolade is highly sought after, and reflects our extensive and high calibre CPD programme, allied with our commitment to staff well-being. In the last four years, seven staff have secured senior leadership posts in other schools.
• Good Ofsted rating
• Progress 8 for GCSE is the significantly positive 0.33
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• We are proud of our close community connections
• Admission preference is given to staffs’ children • We are partially selective • £3.5m school expansion
• The School is in a strong, stable financial position in this challenging climate
• We have an outstanding wellbeing programme offering
o Childcare vouchers
o Flu jabs
o Access to the Fitness Suite and swimming pool
o Pilates classes
o Yoga class
o Free eye tests
• Reputation of academic excellence
• Pearsons Award finalists – we are the highest School to have awards given by students. Over the last 2 years we have had 3 national finalists
• First class student support within an inspirational environment
• Specialisms are in Science and the Performing Arts
• We believe every child deserves the best and we aim to achieve excellence in all aspects of school life
• Our teachers are highly trained, dedicated and determined to help every child succeed
About the post:
Whilst the precise roles and responsibilities will be decided after appointment of the successful candidate, the role will be focused on either, Curriculum Design and Development, including timetable, or Assessment, Reporting and Recording. In addition, each Assistant Headteacher has oversight of student development at a key stage (this post is currently linked to Key Stage 3), as well as some line management.
The leadership team currently consists of Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, and 3 Assistant Headteachers, including this post. Since the team is small, the teaching commitment will be 30%. In addition, there is a fringe team of up to 5 Associate Assistant Headteachers who lead on other whole-school aspects as well as providing operational support.
You will be committed to meeting the needs of all learners by ensuring that teaching is of the highest quality and is innovative, engaging and enjoyable.
Full details of the job can be found on our website www.rickmansworth.herts.sch.uk.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants must declare any criminal convictions and submit to a check with the Disclosing and Barring Service as the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Application forms and details can be obtained from the website or by emailing the Headteacher's PA Mrs Spinks on email@example.com or 01923 726917. If you would like to visit the School please contact Mrs Spinks.
Deadline: 8am Monday 21 May 2018
Interview dates: Wednesday 23 May and Thursday 24 May 2018