Required from September 2018 or sooner we are looking for an Assistant Headteacher to provide strategic leadership in Safeguarding, Attendance and Personal Development in order to raise levels of student achievement and attainment.
Our Academy is special; it grips you from the very first moment that you step foot inside. It’s a unique organisation where hearts and minds connect. Our staff and trustees are unwaveringly ambitious for students, our families, our community and our staff. Our purpose is very clear; we are on a mission to improve social mobility for the disadvantaged and the life chances of children and young people.
The Halifax Academy is a high performing 4-16 all-through Academy in Calderdale, West Yorkshire. It was inspected by Ofsted in September 2017 being judged as Good in all areas. Outcomes are outstanding at KS4 and places the Academy in the top 15% of all schools nationally. Early Years Provision is good.
The Academy is the lead school in Impact Education MAT and is led by Mick Kay its Executive Headteacher, who is also CEO of Trust. Impact was established in November 2016 by Trustees who are morally driven to ensure that education has the greatest possible impact.
In September 2014, Halifax High added a Primary Phase to an existing successful Secondary Phase to create The Halifax Academy. The Primary Phase has two forms on entry and our oldest students are in Year 3. The Phase will continue to grow to a capacity of 420 students by September 2020. Year 6 students will transition seamlessly into Year 7.
We are looking for a leader:
- who embraces the vision and values of the Trust.
- who has energy and can inspire confidence in students, staff and parents.
- who has the highest expectations and is uncompromising in their ambition for students and the community we serve.
- Is an outstanding leader who leads Teaching and Learning, Curriculum Design and achievement.
- Is an existing middle or senior leader, ready to make their mark in an all-through Academy.
What we offer
- Highly ambitious and supportive staff, parents and trustees.
- Well behaved children who want to do well.
- Brand new, state of the art buildings with excellent facilities across the site.
- First class professional training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring.
- Well-established business support and administrative functions ensuring the Head of Phase can focus on the core purpose of raising achievement through developing high quality teaching, learning and leadership.
- Cross phase working to enhance the subject knowledge development and pedagogical practice.
- System Leadership opportunities through MAT development and as a strategic partner in Teamworks Teaching School Alliance.
- A culture of coaching, research and evidence-based enquiry, including through Teamworks Research School Status.
- A highly reflective organisation which takes professional learning very seriously. We are Investors in People Gold Award winners for the last five years.
The Halifax Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for all relevant posts.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21st May 2018 at 9.00am.
Interviews will be on Thursday 24th.
Late applications and CV’s will not be accepted.