Sherwood Park is a popular and successful two form entry primary school in the London borough of Bexley and a member of the Penhill Academies Trust.
Receiving an Ofsted judgment of ‘Good’ in September 2016, we are a have imaginative, creative and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn and a dedicated and inspirational teaching staff who are committed to providing the best all round education for our children.
The children, staff and governors of our thriving and inclusive school are looking to appoint a leader who will make a significant contribution to raising attainment and aspirations of all pupils, including those attached to our specialist autistic provision. As a key member of our school’s Senior Leadership Team the successful candidate will be able to lead on Inclusion, SEND and Safeguarding across the school as well as coach individuals and talent-spot future leaders. They should also lead by example, sharing their understanding and knowledge of outstanding teaching and learning to develop the practice of others.
We would like to receive applications from you, if you:
- Are an excellent practitioner with high expectations for disadvantaged pupils
- Are energised by opportunities to develop and share your practice
- Lead by example
- Are committed to continued professional learning
The successful individual will have:
- A strong commitment to and understanding of, safeguarding and child protection
- Experience of working with children with a range of additional needs and a good knowledge of the SEND code of practice
- the ability to lead, motivate and inspire others on all aspects of Inclusion
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude with a track record of success
- A commitment to driving standards of performance leading to improved outcomes for vulnerable pupils including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities;
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills and be highly
experienced in working with parents and the wider community.
- Resilience, humour and a sense of purpose
Sherwood Park has much to offer:
- Enthusiastic, happy and confident children who are proud of their school and love learning
- An Inclusive and nurturing environment which encourages children to meet their full potential and develop skills for life
- An excellent staff team committed to achieving high standards and are passionate about school improvement
- A commitment to continuous professional development.
- Governors who are supportive and have a shared ambition for the future of the
- A strong partnership with parents and the wider school community.
Application packs are available on our website: www.sherwoodparkprimary.co.uk and from the school office.
If you are interested in joining the senior leadership team here at Sherwood Park, we would love to welcome you to our school so that you can experience first-hand what it is like to be part of our special community. For further details regarding this vacancy or to arrange a visit, please phone or email Jill Hawley in our school office, telephone 0208 303 6300 or Email
Closing date: midday Friday 24th November
Interview dates: Wednesday 29th November
This post is considered to be a customer facing position; as such it falls within the scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out below.
These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary
Ability to choose the right kind of vocabulary for the situation in hand without a great deal of hesitation.
Ability to listen to customers (staff and children) and understand their needs.
Ability to tailor your approach to each conversation to be appropriate to the customer (staff and children), responding clearly with fine shades of meaning, even in complex situations.
Sherwood Park is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as qualifications and reference checks. Original evidence of right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Number, Work Permits or Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Sherwood Park Primary School
Sherwood Park Avenue