Governors of this outstanding primary school wish to appoint an outstanding Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for Teaching & Learning, supporting our aspirations, ethos and vision to ensure that our children’s needs are fully met.
This Senior Management role is full time and non-class based, organising and overseeing implementation of effective teaching and learning strategies across the whole school. The successful candidate will be required to teach and support in classrooms across the whole school to develop consistency of outstanding practice.
Through demonstration of outstanding leadership skills, the postholder will work under the strategic direction of the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher. They will ensure that learning is at the centre of strategic planning and resourcing. They will lead and support the teaching and learning of all children within the school through promoting models of outstanding classroom practice, coaching and mentoring. They will implement, monitor and review the delivery of an outstanding curriculum offer across the whole school to ensure quality first teaching, provision, progress and achievement for all children.
The candidates must fully meet the requirements as detailed in the Job Description and Personnel Specification.
We are looking for a leader who:
- Is passionate about outstanding teaching and learning provision and has a vision for improving the achievement of every child.
- Is an outstanding teacher with a minimum of three years successful experience as a core curriculum manager in a primary school
- Has proven strategic leadership skills
- Is a flexible team player who can lead on teaching and learning, working closely with the Head and Deputy.
- Is able to communicate with children, parents, staff, governors and external agencies with professionalism.
- Promotes a clear vision giving positive leadership in keeping with the school’s ethos and principles;
- Inspires and leads by example;
- Is able to demonstrate a full understanding of all aspects of excellent pedagogy;
- Is able to demonstrate a full understanding of curriculum planning, development and innovation;
In return we are proud to offer you:
- A very high quality, dedicated staff team;
- Friendly, caring and well-behaved pupils who are keen to learn;
- A supportive governing body;
- A solvent and well- resourced school with a high-quality environment;
- A friendly, welcoming school with a highly respected reputation in the local community.
Visits to the school are most welcome. Please contact Sharon Lloyd, Business Manager on 0121 557 1765 for an appointment.
Application forms and job descriptions are available for download from WM Jobs and the Sandwell Council jobs website.
Closing date: 4pm on Thursday 14th February 2019
Shortlisting: From 15th February 2019
Interviews and observations: The interview process will consist of 2 stages. Stage 1 w/c 25th February will be lesson observation and tasks to take place in your current school. Those candidates who successfully complete the first stage of the process will be called for interview thereafter.
Sandwell Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS clearance is required for this role.
Closing Date: Thursday 14th February 2019 at 4.00pm
Tividale Community Primary School
Dudley Road West