A SENCO qualification is not essential, the academy will support an exceptional candidate to gain the award.
Aston Manor Academy serves a culturally diverse and economically disadvantaged catchment area yet year on year produces excellent results for its very deserving student’s. We firmly believe that one of the key hallmarks of Aston Manor Academy is the positive, friendly and supportive ethos which enables all of our students to make progress, both academically and in their personal development. In our last Ofsted inspection (June 2017) we were judged to be Outstanding in all areas. In addition, we are currently rated in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress at Key Stage 4.
To the successful candidate, we can offer
• Excellent students who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
• Hard working and committed staff
• A commitment to CPD opportunities
• A range of employee wellbeing benefits
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher who is passionate about SEND. The successful candidate will need to be motivated, innovative, flexible and have a proven track record of working with children with a wide range of needs. They will have a passion for developing and extending potential in both our pupils and staff team by recognising and nurturing individual qualities and strengths.
The successful candidate should have:
• The ability to demonstrate outstanding teaching and an excellent record of classroom practice
• The skill of working with pupils with a range of different abilities, needs and backgrounds
• Creativity and vision to inspire and lead change ensuring successful outcomes for pupils
• The ability to lead staff and develop their knowledge and expertise of working with SEND children
• The ability to work effectively within the SLT team to achieve excellence
• The ability to support and have an overview of the teaching assistants working with SEND pupils and to be responsible for their training needs
• Excellent communication, management and organisational skills
• Experience of working in partnership with parents, professionals, governors, the wider community, and leadership and management of a pastoral team
We would welcome visits to Aston Manor Academy prior to the closing date or alternatively, delighted to answer any questions you may have. To arrange a visit, please contact the HR Department on 0121 359 8108 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: 23 May 2019