Heber Primary School
“A happy and creative family at the heart of the community.
All belong. All achieve.”
Maternity Cover Contract
• Full Time, Fixed Term Appointment
• Salary to be paid on the leadership scale for inner London
• L7 – L13; £53,992 - £61,282
• Start date September 2019; 12 month contract
Heber is a high achieving and very popular school in East Dulwich, located close to Lordship Lane with its many great shops, cafes and transport links. We believe in providing a stimulating, creative and challenging curriculum for each and every one of our pupils. We can offer prospective employees the chance to work in a hugely supportive and happy environment with friendly staff and amazing children!
We are looking for an ambitious and inspirational Assistant Headteacher to join our team for a one year maternity cover contract. The successful candidate will;
• take a lead role in ensuring there is effective teaching and learning across the school
• take responsibility for the delivery of a core subject area
• have line management responsibility for subject and phase leaders
• have high aspirations for our school and its pupils
• possess the leadership skills to hit the ground running in helping us to achieve our aims
• work cohesively with our Senior Leadership Team in leading our highly skilled teaching staff
• have the ability to make sound judgements on the quality of the curriculum and to maximise its impact on pupil progress
• have a track record of substantial and highly effective curriculum leadership, including leading and sustaining change in key areas of the curriculum
Visits to the school prior to the application deadline are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please email the school office at; email@example.com or call 020 8693 2075.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Thursday 25th April 2019
Shortlisting Date: Friday 26th April 2019
Interview Date: Friday 3rd May 2019
Heber Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practices are in place and successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, as well as undergoing other safeguarding checks.