Our Lady & St Bede Catholic Academy and the Directors of Carmel Education Trust invite applications for the post of Assistant Headteacher. Applications would be welcomed from all specialisms although a background in pastoral responsibility would be desirable.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the overall leadership of the school with the post being equally suited to those seeking their first Assistant Head post or to serving Assistant Heads seeking a new challenge. The post will include wide-ranging responsibility and accountability, leading and developing other staff, monitoring and evaluation work, as well as working closely with Governors and partner schools. Precise responsibilities will be agreed with the successful candidate, taking in to account their experience as well as the needs of the school.
We wish to appoint an Assistant Headteacher with:
- A clear commitment to nurturing and promoting the school’s distinctive ethos.
- A passion for providing the best possible holistic education for all pupils.
- Excellent leadership qualities and management skills.
- A commitment to maximising achievement through excellence in teaching and learning.
- An excellent track record as a classroom teacher and school leader.
We can offer:
- A Catholic school that has a clear mission and strong tradition dating back to before 1850.
- A vibrant, well run, ambitious and caring school.
- A school where staff enjoy coming to work and are able to maintain a work-life balance.
- A professional climate where all staff are valued, listened to and who are able to fully use our gifts and talents.
- An excellent behaviour climate where staff can teach free from disruption.
- Most importantly, fantastic pupils who are hardworking, display great humility and appreciate the effort of adults who work on their behalf.
- A School which is part of the Carmel Education Trust: a group of 7 schools, all working together as one to provide exceptional levels of expertise and support.
- A rapidly expanding school, c. 900 pupils will be admitted in September 2018, increasing to c.1000 in 2019.
- A £5m building expansion programme.
- An Ofsted (January 18) and Diocesan (November 17) rated ‘Outstanding’ school.
We are passionate about our school and want to fill it with staff who share the same passion, values and drive. You would be warmly welcomed to our school at any time, to see and feel what Our Lady & St Bede is like on a typical day and to ask any questions you may have on an informal basis. Please contact the Headteacher’s P.A.: Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: email@example.com
For an application form, please e-mail Mrs Johanna Smurthwaite: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01642 704970. Closing date: Monday 23rd April 2018, 12:00 midday.