ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER (Student Behaviour, Safety, Welfare & Child Protection)
Required for Easter or September 2018
Furness Academy, Park Drive, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA13 9BB
SALARY: L18 (£59,857) to L21 (£64,417) depending on experience
Following the retirement of a senior leader, the Trust Board and Governing Body are seeking to appoint an ambitious Assistant Headteacher to take a full part in the leadership and management of the Academy.
• A medium sized 11-16 mixed Academy with approximately 800 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow-in-Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park.
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future.
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose.
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver excellent teaching and learning and a fulfilling school experience for all students.
• Be a member of the Academy senior leadership team, working with the Headteacher, Governing Body and Sponsor, to contribute to the overall strategic leadership and management of the Academy, and its pursuit of excellence in relation to the educational standards enjoyed by all our students.
• Lead on Behaviour for Learning initiatives with strategic responsibility for the implementation of the Behaviour for Learning policy, including bullying within the Academy, ensuring consistent application and responses.
• Ensure high quality Child Protection practices are embedded within the Academy and act as designated senior person on all matters relating to Child Protection.
• Work with the Headteacher to identify the best practice available and use this to create an outward looking Academy culture which promotes in staff and students an ethos of achievement and a desire for excellence, where all stakeholders contribute in positive ways to the Academy and wider community.
• Be an experienced leader already contributing significantly to whole-school developments.
• Lead on the strategic development and oversee management of student welfare and support and services.
• Lead and co-ordinate the development of alternative learning opportunities and provision for students experiencing a range of difficulties in accessing mainstream provision.
• Have the potential and desire to be active and influential across the whole leadership spectrum.
• Be passionate about high expectations and standards of achievement for all.
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and an excellent teacher.
• Be an enthusiastic team player.
• Be prepared to do what it takes to make the experience of school a positive and productive one.
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
• Hard working, committed and aspirational staff and students. • The opportunity to support the development and drive up of educational standards to ensure that our students aim for their personal best.
• A fully established CPD programme.
• The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s leadership team and Governing Body.
• An excellent opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge for those considering going onto headship.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure. Closing date: 12 noon Monday 19th February 2018
Shortlisting: Monday 19th February 2018
Interviews: week commencing 26th February 2018
For further information or enquiries regarding this post, please contact the HR Officer on 01229 484277 or via email to email@example.com, or alternatively you may download an information package and application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk. Please note we do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.