Debenham High School, a high-achieving Church of England Academy, is seeking to appoint a committed and dedicated professional to significantly contribute to the leadership of the school. This is an extremely exciting time to join our incredible team of staff.
We are looking for an exceptional leader who knows what outstanding looks like. Our senior leaders are expected to inspire our community and lead our stand-alone academy with acumen, integrity and compassion. They should bring considerable passion and high levels of dynamism to the role.
You will play a key role as part of the Senior Leadership Team in leading the operational and ongoing strategic development of the school.
The success of our school is built on the foundation of strong relationships and an ethos of support and care that underpins all that we do. It is expected that the Assistant Headteacher will be in sympathy with the Christian ethos of the school. You will demonstrate such values and set this example to our school community.
The school has:
- an excellent academic record (ranked 11th nationally in The Times State Secondary Schools 2019, 2019 80% (88% 2020) Grade 4+ English and Mathematics, 71% (70% 2020) Grade 5+, Progress 8 0.70)
- an enviable reputation and is consistently oversubscribed
- a hardworking and committed staff
- a school community with a genuine family ethos
- a very sound financial base and well-resourced school site
- experienced and ambitious leadership team and a supportive Governing Body
- an established track record with the DfE for delivering on grant-funded training and working with a range of different organisations
- Ofsted “outstanding” (2008)
- SIAMS “outstanding” (2017)
- lovely students who engage well in their learning and their community
- a rich and diverse range of extra-curricular activities.
Roll: 670 students, aged 11-16
Debenham is a large, attractive village 14 miles north of Ipswich and 30 miles south of Norwich; it is an excellent and attractive area for families and Mid Suffolk has been judged on a wide range of criteria to be among the best locations in which to live.
Further details about our school are available on our school website.
If you would like to organise a pre-application discussion with Simon Martin, Headteacher, please email Jules Norman at: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Alternatively, an application pack is available at: www.debenhamhigh.co.uk/staff/vacancies
Completed applications should be returned to Jules Norman, Office Manager at: email@example.com
Closing date: 21 May 2021 10:00 AM
Interview date: 26 / 27 May 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all posts at Debenham High School.
Debenham High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Debenham High School is a mainstream, co-educational, Church of England secondary school for children aged 11-16. It is situated in Debenham, near Stowmarket in Suffolk, and there are 670 pupils enrolled.
The school opened in 1964 as The Modern Schoo...