The Derby High School in Bury, Greater Manchester, is seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher for Teaching and Learning. They are looking for an exceptional leader who is passionately committed to promoting the highest standards of achievement for all.
The Derby High School is an over-subscribed 11-16 Co-Educational School situated in the heart of Bury, Greater Manchester. Year on year our students make exceptional progress and we are currently the highest performing school in Bury for Progress 8. We are an inclusive school serving a diverse student population who are a joy to be around. The leadership of the school at every level is a key strength and this was recognised by Ofsted in our most recent inspection. We boast a talented staff with a commitment to delivering the highest standards and who are overwhelmingly proud to belong to the school. All who visit The Derby High School are impressed by the warm and welcoming environment that we work in.
We are currently on an exciting journey to develop our school into a truly great place for all to learn, regardless of their ability or background. We are seeking an inspirational leader to build upon our current successes and be a major player in realising our ambition to be an outstanding school. Applicants must themselves be outstanding classroom practitioners with specific expertise in leading on teaching and learning and a proven track record of implementing change and school improvement in this area. They will need to demonstrate strategic vision, energy and enthusiasm and a strong determination to make a difference to the lives of the young people we serve.
We believe that The Derby High School is a great place to work. This post offers you the opportunity to work in/with:
- A successful school with a strong will and determination to continue to improve
- A school that has high expectations of all who work here
- A school that places teaching and learning at the heart of school improvement
- A school that works effectively with all stakeholders
- A school that is driven by strong values, invests in its staff and students and has a high regard for their welfare
- A motivated, hardworking and collaborative senior leadership team
- A strong middle leadership team who are highly professional and work well together
- A supportive and cooperative teaching staff who are committed to their roles
- A caring school where you can make a real difference to the lives of young people
We will encourage you to be innovative, creative and bold in your decision making and provide professional development that will support you in your future career plans.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, appointment will be subject to a full DBS check and references. To apply for this post, please download and complete the application form and provide a letter of application and email to Mrs D Grundy, PA to the Headteacher at email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 23rd March 2018 (9.00 am)
Interviews: Wednesday 28th March and Thursday 29th March 2018