We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational Assistant Headteacher to lead our pupil premium work across the college. We are looking for someone who will earn the respect of our talented staff through her or his professionalism, hard work, talent and enthusiasm.
The successful candidate will
- Evidence knowledge and a strategic grasp of teaching and learning to drive forward evidence based strategies in the classroom to maximise the achievement of disadvantaged students
- Evidence strong and strategic middle leadership and management skills.
- Be a strategic thinker who can develop and implement a strong vision that will ensure disadvantaged students achieve their full potential
- Have a proven ability to implement change and can lead a cultural shift relating to disadvantaged students
- Have a strong record of raising achievement with different groups of students and an understanding of pupil premium initiatives
Churchill is a school where we believe the education of every child is of equal value and that ethos informs all our work. It is, and will remain, a fully inclusive school where the highest quality provision for, and exceptional care of, all students are our driving forces. Our staff are dedicated, very hard-working and believe that what we do is vital to improving the life-chances of the young people in the community that we serve. We expect that dedication and commitment from all staff. Challenge and accountability are central to what we do but nurturing good relationships and treating people decently are important to us too.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Leadership Team, in May 2014 Ofsted graded every aspect of Churchill Community College as ‘outstanding.’ In addition, we are a Teaching School and lead The Great North Maths Hub. Our Executive Headteacher is a National Leader of Education. In January 2018 we were awarded a SSIF bid of over £400,000 to support the development of oracy and literacy skills in schools north of the Tyne.
The college enjoys a reputation for excellent, dynamic teaching and learning. Achievement is strong and the post offers a superb opportunity for an energetic creative leader with excellent skills to develop further within a positive and supportive environment.
The closing date is 12.30pm on Tuesday 27th February 2018. Job packs are available to download from our website www.churchillcommunitycollege.org. Completed applications should be returned to Heather Bell, Headteacher’s PA, via email: email@example.com or by post:
Churchill Community College
Tyne and Wear
Churchill Community College is committed to the safety and protection of its pupils.