Vacancy ID: SCH00229
OFSTED 2015 said ‘pupils are proud of their school and they behave well. They have positive attitudes to learning and are respectful and courteous to all’.
Would you like to join us?
The staff, governors and pupils of Someries Junior School are looking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher /KS2 Class Teacher from September 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Someries Junior school is a vibrant, multi cultural school on the outskirts of Luton. We are within easy access of the countryside, the town and links with London and the motorway.
The school is able to offer you:
- well behaved pupils who love learning
- excellent CPD opportunities
- exciting and stimulating teaching environment
- an ethos of team working and mutual support
- supportive parents, carers and governors
- senior leaders that create a culture where all are valued and can thrive
- achievement and progress is good and improving
The successful candidate should:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who loves their job
- have experience of working within a multi cultural setting
- be committed to continuing to raise the achievement and attainment of our children
- work well within a team and be able to take a leading role
- have the drive, enthusiasm and commitment to develop our school further from the front
- have the ability to use their own initiative, be innovative and work well as part of a team
- be friendly, caring and hardworking.
- be organised and able to work to deadlines
- be able to uphold and develop the ethos and culture of the school
- meet the criteria in the job description and person specification
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange this please contact Mrs Dawn Dudley, Someries Junior School, Wigmore Lane, Luton, LU2 8AH. Tel: 01582 738810. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role, visit www.luton.gov.uk/jobs and click on the link to the Teaching and Schools Vacancies.
Closing Date: Thursday 29 June 2017
Interview Date: Thursday 6 July 2017
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Someries Junior School
Wigmore Lane, Luton LU2 8AH