Assistant Inclusion Manager – Literacy/Numeracy (MATERNITY COVER)
Place of Employment Based at Aston Academy, Aston Community Education Trust
Hours of Work- 35 hours per week
Term Time Only
Including working 2 out of 5 INSET days each academic year as directed by the school, with availability to work any or all of the remaining 3 INSET days at short notice should the need arise, and for which additional payment will be made
Salary Band F points 12 – 17 £17,673 – £19,512
Based on full time salary of £21,589 - £23,836
(plus an additional 1 week of pay if the appointee has 5 years or more continuous service with the Local Authority)
Maternity cover – to be reviewed July 2020
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and enthusiastic Assistant Inclusion Manager to support the learning and teaching of English and Mathematics at KS3 and KS4. You will also work to support raising the attainment of literacy and numeracy across the academy. This is an exciting role and is seen as a key appointment in developing the progress of students within the academy. The appointment is on a temporary basis to cover the post-holder’s maternity leave, and will be reviewed in July 2020 with the possibility of extending
You will be:
- able to work alongside the Lead Learner Inclusion/Inclusion Manager to plan and deliver innovative and appropriate learning activities in English, Mathematics, Literacy and Numeracy
- able to contribute to CPD of colleagues within the trust
- able to efficiently and effectively deploy resources across the academy to support student progress and achievement
- committed to promoting positive values, attitudes and behaviour
- able to interest, engage and motivate students to work hard
- able to advance students’ learning in a range of classroom settings
- able to communicate effectively with stakeholders through leading regular review meetings, correspondence and written reports
*You will be based at Aston Academy but the role may involve working at other academies within the trust.
For further information and to apply, please visit www.astonacademy.org and follow the link to the vacancies section, or contact Melanie Denton if you have any difficulties on 0114 2872171. Applications should be returned to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 24th January 2020.
We undertake to make any ‘reasonable adjustments’ to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantages a disabled person may face. This post involves working with children and therefore if successful, you will be required to apply for a disclosure and barring services check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note if you have not received a reply within three weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.