Assistant Learning Leader of Design Technology
MPS/UPS TLR2B £4,441
For September 2018
2017 saw record results across the board and we are now proud to be comfortably the highest attaining school in the locality with 64% of year 11 gaining the equivalent of 5 A*-C including English and Maths.
This has strengthened our position on our journey to becoming an outstanding school. DT results are a strong part of the continued College success. In 2017 the department outperformed the National statistics for Design Technology achieving 63% A*-C overall as opposed to the National of 60.9%.
We are a secondary school with a fantastic student body and dedicated and talented staff. You will join us at an exciting time as we continue our journey to become an outstanding academy. We are passionate about caring for our students, ensuring that they are all known as individuals. Ofsted stated that “everyone in the school puts pupils’ well-being at the centre of everything they do”.
We have high expectations of our pupils. Ofsted stated “pupils know the high standards of behaviour expected of them” and “as a result, they behave well in lessons”.
Our vision for the school is to deliver outstanding education to our students, not only in terms of academic success, but by ensuring we develop the “whole child”. In order to enjoy a successful adult life it is important that our students develop characteristics such as leadership, organisation, resilience, initiative, and communication.
If you are an experienced and effective Teacher of Design Technology looking for a new challenge, this is an excellent opportunity. We will commit to improving your pedagogy and your leadership skills and you will enjoy working in a school where the students are hugely positive and keen to learn. This is an ideal opportunity for a Teacher from any of the Design Technology specialisms looking for their next promoted post.
We know that to realise our vision we need to attract, develop and reward our people. We are an ‘Investor in People’, and are committed to the professional development and career progression of our employees.
The successful candidate will:
• Improve as a teacher through our tailored professional development programme (we run weekly training sessions that all staff have access to in addition to bespoke individual development)
• Have opportunities for promotion (in a relatively small College new opportunities for leadership and personal development frequently arise)
• Be supported by a performance management system that rewards excellence
• Have access to national ground-breaking Design Technology CPD
The essential qualities for the Assistant Learning Leader of Design Technology include:
• A qualified and effective classroom practitioner with experience of teaching KS3 & KS4
• The ability to assist in leading the Design Technology Department
• A commitment to, and a passion for, the teaching of Design Technology
• A commitment to developing their own pedagogy and that of others
• A commitment to meeting all the requirements for safeguarding children
• Effective organisation and communication skills
• A commitment to Inclusion
If you wish to join Huxlow Science College, please download our pack, visit our website below or apply via TES:
or contact the College: Tel: 01933 650496 x1229 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 18 January 2018 @ 5pm
Interviews: w/c 22 January 2018
Prospective applicants are encouraged to visit the College and meet staff and students. If you are interested in visiting the College, please contact Karen Squires (HR Manager) 01933 650496.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.
Huxlow Science College is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. DBS, Reference, Identity, Criminal Record and Medical Checks are essential for all posts at the College.