Smart Teachers are recruiting for an Assistant Librarian to join a ‘Good’ comprehensive school in Greenwich. This is a temporary role starting immediately until the end of January. The ideal candidate must have proven experience working within a school environment, but not necessarily a Library.
About the Role
· Assistant Librarian
· Full time temporary role until the end of January 2019
· Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
· Liaising with departmental academic staff, external organisations and suppliers
· Answering students' enquiries
· Supporting independent research and learning
· Developing IT facilities
· Daily rate £85 – £95
About the School
· Very large 11-18 comprehensive school which has around 2000 pupils
· Ofsted rating “Good”
· Have distinct provisions in place for various SEN pupils
· Students join the sixth form from a wide range of schools, including grammar and fee-paying schools
· Fantastic Art facilities across KS3 – KS5
· Located in Greenwich
In order to be considered for this role, the Assistant Librarian will need to meet the following criteria:
· Proven and recent experience working within a school
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number KJPA21623.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.