Sevenoaks School is currently seeking to appoint an Assistant Operations Manager (Full-time, all year round).
The Sennocke Sports Centre is a multi-million pound sports venue and is complemented by outlying pitches and hard courts, athletics track, astro pitches and pavilions. The facilities are built and maintained to the highest specification, enabling athletes and players to maximise their performance whilst actively reducing impact on the body and limiting injury.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, practically minded operations professional to join our operations team with this role specifically working closely with the Sports Centre Operations Manager.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Key holder with responsibility for building opening/closure.
• Arranging tasks for operational staff. Ensure all aspects of daily operations run smoothly and expertise and staffing levels across the department are at appropriate levels and competencies.
• Unconstrained by planned shift times, take immediate action to avoid incidents, accidents, and shortfalls in service.
• To prevent unauthorised access to facilities, welcome visitors, respond to enquiries.
• Keeping abreast of industry best practice and legislation; inspect, clean and prepare equipment and set up/down areas in support of the programme.
• Carry out mandatory safety checks, report faults and make recommendations for upgrades and replacements to the Operations Manager. Uphold school policies, with specific responsibility for all matters relating to Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Safe recruitment, GDPR and HMRC compliances.
• Uphold school policies, with specific responsibility for all matters relating to Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Safe recruitment, GDPR and HMRC compliances.
• Manage all H&S and operational aspects of visiting contractors, including supervision, access and compliance documentation, ensuring any discrepancies are investigated and any issues dealt with.
• Oversee equipment & safety inspections taking action as required. Maintain records, review and report findings as appropriate.
• Deputise for the SC Operations Manager as Sports Centre Health and Safety Officer (competent person).
• Be responsible for the delivery of staff training within your capabilities, ensure staff are trained in all required areas in particular around H&S responsibilities and safe ways of working. Working towards a trainer assessor role.
For further information and to apply for this role, please use the next link: https://www.sevenoaksschool.org/support-vacancies/
The closing date for applications is 05/12/2021 at 23:59. The School retains the right to interview suitable applicants and appoint before the deadline.
At Sevenoaks School our mission is to ensure that students secure their full potential. We prepare young people for life in a modern, global society and seek to provide every student with excellent role models. Having a diverse staff enhances our school community and we warmly welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Sevenoaks School is a Covid-19 secure environment. Interviews will be held in person in line with social distancing requirements.
Sevenoaks School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and therefore, the offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory completion of a number of background checks including but not limited to an enhanced DBS check with Children’s Barred list check, the taking up and verification of references and the verification of career history and fitness to undertake the role. Registered Charity No. 1101358.
Academic excellence, with a strong pastoral and co-curricular emphasis and a global dimension.
Sevenoaks School is a large, co-educational HMC school. Founded in 1432 by William Sevenoke, the school has over the last 50 years developed an internati...