Assistant Outreach Coordinator
EK Outreach Services is looking to appoint an Assistant Outreach Coordinator to join our growing team due to company expansion. We are looking for an aspiring leader to work with our leadership team in the continued growth of our provision.
Over the last few years EK Outreach Services has become one of London’s leading Educational Provisions working with students to provide top quality education and qualifications for those aged 5-25. Every student working with us has a bespoke educational package, directing and guiding them through the most achievable pathway of education.
We are 100% committed to ensure our students have every possible opportunity to achieve their full potential. This role will be part of the Leadership Team in overseeing all students of Primary and Secondary School age, to ensure achievement in this sector.
Reporting to: Head of Outreach
This role is for an Assistant Coordinator to work alongside out current team of coordinators attending home visits, creating reports and helping in day to day duties at our office in Manor House.
We would ensure this candidate has up to date training in Safeguarding - becoming a Designated Safeguarding Lead and First Aider.
We are looking for a highly organised candidate that can act quickly and organise their work time well. They would be expected to attend Leadership Meetings and may be asked to hold a second aspiring leadership role within the organisation. Assistant Coordinators are required to hold a small teaching timetable.
Below if the role of the Coordinator to help understand the day to day roles, you would be asked to assist with.
Purpose of role:
- To oversee all students of Primary and Secondary School age within the provision.
- To complete all Primary and Secondary School referrals and transfers.
- To oversee all Primary and Secondary School student programs and pathways of education.
- To liaise with schools, local authorities, medical professionals, parents and students to ensure positive outcomes for all our students and collaborative professional involvement.
- To help every student realise his or her potential by:
- Supporting all students to make appropriate academic and personal progress as specified by baseline data and other information.
- Working with the Outreach Senior Leadership Team, to help guide our vision of becoming the most respected provider of specialist schooling in the country. We are committed to achieving this by investing in its people, practices, and infrastructure.
- You will also uphold the mission, values and goals of EK Outreach Services.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall leadership and management of pastoral and student welfare structures and all systems relating to it, including attendance and punctuality.
- Working with individual students and staff to improve student behaviours.
- Monitoring and evaluating all systems on a regular basis, reporting to leadership on the effectiveness of these.
- Analysing the data for behaviour and attendance and ensuring any actions are completed.
- To lead on parent and community liaison, so that all parents and local authorities are happy with the education that students are receiving, and the students engage successfully.
- Act as one of the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Persons for the setting, attending such Local Authority training as is necessary to be recognised as such and to carry out the role effectively.
- Ensure that the broader staff team understand the company’s vision and mission with every individual member of the team feeling they have a role to play in delivering them
- Act at all times as an ambassador for EK Outreach Services in a manner which upholds its values and ethos
- Inspire good working relationships among staff
- Develop a shared vision, which inspires and motivates students, staff and all other members of the community
- Promote equality of opportunity for all through EK Outreach’s policies, procedures and practices
- Maintain a highly visible presence.
- Develop an ethos which encourages and nurtures collaboration, innovation, individual and team creativity, and a culture of high expectations for all.
- To ensure all students are on the correct program of study.
- To ensure all students are working towards accredited courses and have a planned pathway through examinations.
- To ensure all student reports are completed every 6 weeks in time for review meetings.
- To ensure student achievement is monitored and changes are made quickly and decisively is needed.
- Strengthening Community
- To promote a suitable system of guidance and support for pupils and staff including liaison with parents/guardians, care onsite and outside agencies.
- Ensure regular communication occurs with parents and carers, and the care staff onsite regarding all aspects of student performance. Ensure that education works in partnership with them to maximize individual potential and where problems are identified, ensure we works towards resolutions.
- Work proactively to maintain effective partnerships with the community promoting and representing EK Outreach positively and develop community involvement
To complete other duties as necessary to ensure the continued success of EK Outreach Services including offering support to other schools as and when required; and the sharing of effective practice across the group.
All employees are subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service prior to their employment being confirmed. This is a statutory child protection requirement. The nominee will be required, if not currently employed by the provision, to provide original or certified copies of their professional qualifications and provide the details of one personal and two professional referees. Acceptable references must be received before any offer of employment is confirmed. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust HR processes and checks.