Marist College Ashgrove is a Roman Catholic day and boarding school for boys, located in Ashgrove, a northern suburb of Brisbane. The college has a primary school for students in grades 5 to 6 and a high school for students in grades 7 to 12.
The College has a vacancy for a part-time Payroll Assistant to start as soon as possible or on a suitably negotiated date. This is a part-time (3 days per week) continuing position at a Level 4 School Officer position remunerated at $32.2316 per hour)
We are currently seeking a passionate Payroll Officer to be accountable for providing administration and operational support to the payroll process. In addition to the payroll process, this role will manage the day to day finances of the College Foundation.
The ideal applicant will be required to:
- Accurately process payroll data;
- Assist with the processing of fortnightly pay runs for 300 + staff members;
- Calculation and processing of employee terminations;
- Actioning general payroll queries in a timely manner;
- Assisting with the calculating and processing of superannuation contributions, including maintaining clearing house data & ensuring payments are completed by the legislated timeframes;
- Assisting with administration of payroll deductions and payments;
- Assist with Year-end payroll compliance including preparation of Single Touch Payroll events and related reconciliations;
- Periodic & adhoc reporting as required.
Essential Selection Criteria:
A commitment to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College;
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children);
- Minimum 2 years end to end payroll experience in a medium to large payroll environment
- Experience using TASS payroll or the ability to acquire this
- Experience using Kronos time keeping or similar time keeping system
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills and the ability to develop these further
- In depth experience with Award & EBA interpretation
- Excellent time management with the ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Ability to act with integrity and be customer focused, friendly & approachable
Applicants should address the criteria above in their application.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of receipt of their application - please check your junk folder if you are unable to find this email.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications Close: Monday 17 June at 12 noon.
Applications should be sent via email and addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308
Please visit: https://www.marash.qld.edu.au/about-mca/current-vacancies for a position description and to download the applicati on form.
Marist College Ashgrove
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
Marist College Ashgrove is a boys' Catholic day and boarding school serving more than 1,500 students aged 10-18 (Years 5-12), 200 of whom board at the school. It is located in Ashgrove, a northern suburb of Brisbane, Queensland and employs 142 teache...