Required from September 2018
The Principal invites applications from qualified and experienced professionals for the position of Assistant Principal Academic. DLD College London is an independent co-educational College situated in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the river Thames. The college is one of only a few boarding schools in Central London with boarding on site, and we have around 500 students from 52 different countries, of which some 250 are boarders. This is a vibrant and diverse environment, offering ample opportunity for professional development and growth.
About the Alpha Plus Group
DLD was founded in 1931 and is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools and colleges. DLD College aims to maintain a 'gold standard' of educational quality. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching accommodation and resources.
A Centre of Excellence
We have a fantastic track record of supporting students to achieve the A-Level, BTECs (Level 3 & 4) and GCSE results they need, enabling them to move onto university courses of their choice. We also offer a successful International Foundation Programme together with Pre-sessional Programmes.
Reports to: Vice Principal Academic
- To ensure the smooth running of the college
- To ensure that any aspect of academic administration is up to date
- To support the overall College Aims and Objectives
- To provide all necessary academic and pastoral data related to students
- To assist with the creation of a variety of reports used to monitor student progress
- To provide data for the Annual Students Performance Analysis Report
- A good honours degree and substantial experience in similar or related roles
- Teaching qualification and/or other post graduate qualification
- Experience with databases preferably SIMS
- Experience in delivering timetables using timetabling software
- Knowledge of records management •An innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- The ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- The ability to take a solution focussed approach at all times
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- The ability to work on their own initiative, prioritising and managing time effectively
- The ability to work methodically
- The ability to analyse and present data in an accurate and informative manner
- The ability to remain calm and diplomatic whilst working under pressure
- Experience and good knowledge of working with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communications
- Tact, patience, sense of humour
- Common-sense and stamina
- Ability to prioritise work and time management
- Emotional intelligence
Hours of work: 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Teaching Time: a reduced teaching load is associated with this role.
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience and in accordance with Alpha Plus group salary scale.
The Assistant Principal (Academic) is a Member of the SLT
College Website: www.dldcollege.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd March 2018 at 12pm
Interviews: Tuesday 27th March 2018
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.