Renad Academy is a Qatar Foundation School for children with Autism. Programs to support students with Autism in Qatar are limited and cannot fulfil demand. Renad Academy is a place where children can receive an appropriate and individualized education, using evidence-based practices such as ABA and Structured TEACCH methodologies. In addition, Renad Academy provides an intensive programme to train and support families who have children with Autism to secure the best outcomes for their children
Renad Academy opened in September 2016 with 24, three, four and five-year-old children. Since then, one classroom has been added each year and will continue in this fashion until the School provides education to student’s ages 3 to 18 years old. Classrooms are set up using TEACCH methodology and a 2:1 adult:child ratio, including the teacher. Services provided include a thorough assessment to determine strengths and needs, direct instruction through the use of ABA methods, social skills training; speech-language therapy, occupational therapy, in-home training for parents and collaboration with the medical community. Renad is currently seeking NAS accreditation.
- Postgraduate qualification in Special Education or related field
- 5 years teaching experience in Special Education including students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Previous school leadership experience in Special Education
- Outstanding instructional leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to relate to student concerns
- Demonstrated commitment to Continuing Professional Development
The following personal and professional qualifications or experiences are desirable.
- Passion to support children with Autism
- International experience in a variety of roles and settings including leadership
- Willingness to make a long-term commitment
- A good sense of humor and a positive outlook
- An interest in understanding the culture and values of Qatar and incorporating them into our work in the School
The Assistant Principal will be part of the Renad Academy Leadership Team.
The Assistant Principal will assist the Principal in the instructional and curricular leadership of the school as follows:
- Facilitates the delivery of the School’s instructional program working directly with faculty to ensure that teachers know, understand, and teach what is prescribed
- Monitors, evaluates and reviews the delivery of programmes and services
- Contributes to and participates in the development of a school-wide strategic plan and yearly education goals
- Creates a culture of enthusiasm and excitement regarding instruction of children with Autism
- Supports the development and oversight of the integrated and satellite classrooms in other QF Schools
The Assistant Principal will assist the Principal in human resources and professional development of the school as follows:
- Oversees the professional development of divisional faculty and staff
- Assists the Principal in ensuring that all teachers have a clear understanding of performance expectations and promote growth toward becoming “master teachers and assistants”
- Monitors staff to ensure teaching and learning align with planned curriculum
The Assistant Principal will assist the Principal in student support as follows:
- Assist the Principal in overseeing student data and the reporting of data to parents
- Works with students, teachers, parents, and specialists to address student needs
- Oversees attendance and tardy data and contacts parents when chronic issues arise
- Is highly visible to staff and students during the school day and extracurricular activities
- Oversees arrival and departure procedures to ensure safety and learning
- Ensures staff follow all safeguarding procedures and heads the behavior team to support a safe environment for learning
OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves on various standing and ad hoc committees at the school level
- Prepares classroom and duty schedules and manages teacher absences to ensure adequate coverage in the classrooms
- Supports both staff and students in their well-being through documented implementation of programmes
- Oversees committees for school events and procures necessary items according to budget
- Acts as designated Principal in his/her absence
- Works with Facilities to ensure a safe and secure school building
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is highly competitive and tax-free, and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include: housing free from utilities bills; health, life and long-term disability insurance; annual home leave airfare; shipping allowance; end of service gratuity; and tuition benefits for up to four Pre-K to Grade 12 (Reception to Year 13) school-age dependents.
HOW TO APPLY
The deadline for receipt of applications is 23:59 GMT on January 14th, 2020. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Candidates should note that Qatar Foundation Schools reserve the right to make an appointment at any time, even before the deadline mentioned if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time.
Candidates should complete in full the application form. In compliance with Safer Recruitment principles, applications with incomplete application forms will not be considered. Also, candidates should provide a statement of education philosophy, including an explanation of why they believe they are the right person for the position. This may be included on the application form.
Applications should be addressed to:
Ms. Sherri Miller, Director of Renad Academy, Qatar Foundation Schools
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Successful appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and verification of qualifications.
The Office of Pre-University Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with previous employers and national/international disclosure services as appropriate. We are committed to ensuring that applicants and employees from all sections of the community are treated equally and not discriminated against, and we welcome applications from candidates with additional needs and disabilities.