L6 - L10: £47,592 - £52,445 per annum
Permanent, Full time
(Part-time of 0.8 would be considered for the right candidate)
Inspire their remarkable with us
Wishmore Cross Academy, part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), is a residential special school in Chobham, Surrey, for boys aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We can admit up to 70 students which means that class sizes are small and we work very closely with our students to ensure they get the most out of each day with us.
We provide a highly effective and individual package of education, care and pastoral support to young people who may have had only negative experiences of school. A safe, caring environment supported by high levels of staffing ensures each pupil has the opportunity to make progress and achieve their full potential.
As Assistant Principal, your primary responsibilities will be to support the Principal and other Assistant Principals in the leadership & management of the academy, with specific responsibility for Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordination. The postholder will be a qualified teacher with wide, relevant experience of SEND coordination and delivery.
You will be responsible for developing excellent working relationships with staff, multi-professional colleagues, outside agencies and families and to promote and adhere to the Trust’s values to be unusually brave, to discover what’s possible, to push the limits and to be big hearted.
Some of your specific responsibilities will include:
- Designated Academy SENCO
- To deputise for the Principal in his absence.
- To perform the role as a deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead as a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- To line manage staff delivering Alternative Learning Programmes outside of the main school, and to liaise closely with colleagues from Speech and Language therapy, OT, CAMHS etc.
- To be the nominated “Designated Teacher” for LAC, with responsibility for developing and tracking Personal Education Plans (PEP’s)
- To coordinate and deliver a first class statutory EHCP annual review process and associated documentation, such as Individual Learning Programmes
- To have overall responsibility for Examination Access Arrangements and associated systems, processes and documentation.
We warmly welcome visits so do come and see what makes Wishmore Cross so special! Call the office on 01276 857555 to arrange a time to pop in.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Friday 13 December 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 17 December 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, please click on the 'Quick Apply' button.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET are currently recruiting for School Direct Placements, please visit our website http://aetnationalteachingschoolalliance.org/ for further details.