We are looking for a talented teaching practitioner and experienced leader to join Harris Invictus Academy Croydon as our new Assistant Principal. Whether you are an experienced and current member of a Senior Leadership Team already, or an aspiring senior leader looking for promotion into your first Assistant Principal post, then we are interested to hear from you. We can offer flexibility on start date with both Easter and September 2020 as available options, this will be discussed at interview.
If you are a qualified teacher looking to join a thriving academy that offers a supportive environment within a highly successful MAT, then this could be the opportunity for you. We want to hear from talented individuals who can help continue the success of our academy, and share our vision for providing and outstanding environment for teaching and learning. Academy wide responsibilities in this role will be based on strengths and past experience, and details will be discussed at interview and determined by the successful applicant.
This is an exciting leadership position which would suit a highly motivated middle leader seeking an SLT post within supportive, friendly and highly experienced academy team. You will have a wealth of opportunities to develop as a leader with the Harris Federation and we can offer you a range of bespoke courses and qualifications through our Teaching School, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQH for aspiring principals.
Succession planning is a key part of our success as a Federation, and we believe that we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of Leaders. We can help prepare you for your next Senior Leadership challenge, investing in your knowledge and expertise through regular support, coaching and a wide range of professional development and training.
What we are looking for
- Extensive teaching experience, and evidence of outstanding teaching practice
- Successful management experience as Head of Department or member of the SLT
- An ambitious and hardworking attitude, with a commitment to the wider community
- The ability to motivate and lead students and staff
- A passion for education
- A flair for working with young people
- A great team player who will fit well with our optimistic and positive culture
About Harris Invictus Academy Croydon
Harris Invictus Academy Croydon was rated ‘outstanding’ in every category following its first ever Ofsted inspection in October 2016: only the seventh secondary free school in London to achieve this. The academy opened with its first cohort in September 2014 and moved into a state-of-the-art, new building in September 2017. As of September 2018, Harris Invictus has students from Year 7 to Year 11. The academy is oversubscribed and located in an area of disadvantage.
Why work at Harris Invictus Academy Croydon?
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- The combination of traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology
- A central Croydon location, close to transport links and other amenities
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Invictus Academy Croydon are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0203 371 3002 or email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
Apply online and submit an application before the deadline.
- As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement. Harris is a Federation and not a chain; each academy is different, reflecting the particular aspirations and leadership style of its Principal. Our vision is that Harris academies work collaboratively in sharing school improvement strategies, and support one another as part of the wider Harris Federation.
We look for talented leaders who want to help transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.