We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join us as an Assistant Principal, starting from September 2021. The successful candidate will work alongside the Vice Principal/ Head of School to support the academic and pastoral development of its students. The Assistant Principal also holds a whole academy responsibility, this can be discussed and agreed on appointment, but experience in leading teaching and learning, Science and/ English would be desirable but not essential.
We are looking for an individual who can confidently establish and develop excellent relationships with all stakeholders. They will be a highly effective and inspirational teacher and leader, with strong behaviour management and experience of leading highly successful teams at a secondary level. We expect all of our students to be challenged, to be inspired and to achieve beyond expectation.
As a community we believe in working collaboratively and sharing good practice. If you want to be part of a team which embraces innovation and creativity then we are interested to hear from you.
What we are offering:
- A competitive salary commensurate with the profile of the post
- Bespoke CPD with mentoring and coaching opportunities
- The opportunity to work laterally across a number of Leigh Academies Trust schools to benchmark best practice and to be involved in teaching and learning innovation
We’d like to hear from candidates who are:
- An excellent leader who is passionate about learning and has strong subject knowledge
- Collaborative, able to build strong professional relationships
- Able to motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential
- Energetic and have a can-do attitude
- Confident and has strong career aspirations
- Committed to safeguarding and the happiness and wellbeing of everyone at the Academy
- Prepared to be involved in leading co-curricular activities either within or outside of their teaching subject
Naturally, we are seeking to appoint the best possible candidates and therefore the application process will reflect our desire to undertake all necessary measures to achieve this.
Suitable and interested candidates are able to discuss the role with the Principal, Mr Wayne Barnett, by arranging a telephone call or a visit (subject to current guidelines). To schedule an appointment please contact Naomi Jeffery, PA to Principal, on email@example.com or 0208 331 2217. To submit an application in full, please do so online.
The closing date for applications is noon 21st May. Interviews and associated activities are scheduled to take place on 25th May. If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information, please contact the LAT Talent Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stationers' Crown Woods Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Stationers’ Crown Woods Academy is a 1,560-pupil secondary school with a sixth form. It is a non-denominational establishment that educates students aged between 11 and 18. The coeducational school is based in Eltham, London and was converted to acad...