Our opportunity for you
We have a job vacancy for Assistant Principal – Key Stage 4.
Do you want to join a fantastic staff team in a consistently high achieving, outstanding secondary school?
For the last two years Landau Forte College has achieved the highest Progress 8 score for all secondary schools in Derby and Derbyshire. This is an exceptionally rare and exciting opportunity to work with inquisitive, enquiring and wonderful students and dedicated, innovative and collaborative staff. We are looking for an ambitious and highly effective leader to join our high performing team.
Does this sound like your perfect job? Then Landau Forte College Derby is the place for you!
- Contract: Permanent
- Start date: Tuesday 21 April 2020 or sooner
- Salary: Competitive – discuss with Principal
- Closing Date: 11 December 2019
What we can offer you
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Vitality Health
Landau Forte College Derby
We are a vibrant, multicultural and heavily oversubscribed 11 – 19 College with a strong record of success across all aspects of its work. In May 2014 we were accredited as a School Centre for Teacher Training by the National College for Teaching and Leadership. In February 2015 we were designated as a Teaching School and the College is a local, regional and national hub for professional development.
The local area
Derby is an exciting city, located right in the heart of the UK. The city has a developed arts and culture scene and the area has a great Geography. The College is located just a few minutes’ walk away from Derby city centre.
Derby provides great range of sports and leisure facilities and is the gateway to the Peak District. Within a 10 minutes’ drive of the city you will find yourself in the beautiful open Derbyshire countryside with unspoilt villages, historic houses and adventurous attractions.
- Derby is 10 minutes away from M1 junction 25
- London is 90 minutes away by train
- East Midlands Airport is 20 minutes away
For your information
If this sounds like the ideal job opportunity for you, please download and read our Information for Applicants document before applying:
Apply for this job
1. Read the Guidance & Criteria document
Or send your application
2. You can email your completed application, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can post it to:
Landau Forte Charitable Trust
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.