ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (Mission)
St Peter’s Primary School
The Assistant Principal Mission is an exemplary teacher who provides an excellent role model for other teachers in their understanding of quality learning and teaching that is holistic and informed by a distinctive Catholic Worldview. As a key member of the leadership team of a Catholic school, the Assistant Principal Mission is expected to exercise a unique professional relationship of support and loyalty to the leadership of the principal, and contribute to the implementation of the school’s vision that reflects the Catholic character of the school.
The Assistant Principal works closely with the principal in leadership of the school, contributes to the collaborative decision-making processes and assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of school goals. The Assistant Principal will deputise in the absence of the Principal.
St Peter’s Primary School Port Macquarie fosters a commitment to the individual person and provides a rigorous platform for academic, cultural and sporting achievement. The School offers students a quality Catholic education based on the teachings of the Church from within the context of a strong faith community. The parish school embraces diverse opportunities for the students to excel in academic, cultural and sporting areas. The school has an enrolment of 522 students with 30.4 FTE teachers and 12.9 FTE non-teaching staff.
- Practising Catholic who witnesses to Catholic beliefs and practices.
- Relevant teaching and post graduate qualifications at Masters Level or above in Religious Education / Theology / Pastoral Ministry, or willingness to obtain
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Catholic beliefs and practices into all aspects of teaching and learning
- Experience leading and implementing the School and Diocesan Strategic Plans and Accountabilities
- Experience in promotion of effective, engaging and innovative Parish school evangelising community (including student evangelisation and Catechesis)
- Success in building the capacity of teachers for school evangelisation and discipleship formation
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the development of co-responsible leadership
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain supportive and safe learning environment
- Experience working collaboratively with strong negotiation skills
- Compliance with or progress towards compliance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead as prescribed by the Bishops of NSW.
Important information for applicants (see attachments)
Assistant Principal (Mission)
Referee Report – Professional
Referee Report – Parish Priest
Catholic Schools at a Crossroads
Foundational Values for Catholic Identity and Mission
To apply, please submit your full application including an application form, statement addressing the selection criteria, current resume, copies of qualifications and completed referee reports, including Parish Priest (referees may submit reports directly) to:
Recruitment Coordinator Email: email@example.com
Applications close 9 am Monday 19 August 2019
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening. Applicants must have legal right to work within Australia.
Information for teachers from interstate
If you are moving to NSW from another Australian state or territory, and you want to work as a teacher in NSW, you will be required to be accredited by the National Education Standards Authority (NESA). Each employer in NSW may have their own employment criteria and you should ensure you are aware of any specific requirements such as tertiary study in specific areas.
Already registered with another Australian teaching body?
If you hold current full registration from another Australian teacher registration body, your registration may be recognised by NESA. You will still need to apply for Provisional or Conditional Accreditation in NSW. You can then apply to have your interstate registration recognised through a process called Mutual Recognition.
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/