Assistant Principal - Religious Education
Job No: TCE229
Location: St Michael’s Catholic School - Palm Island
Position: Assistant Principal - Religious Education (Primary)
Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 + APRE Allowance of $7,904
Incentives: IPRASS - $2,750 and ITAS - $1,779 and Fully Subsidised Accommodation
Tenure: Full-time 5 Year Contract
Commencing Date: Term 1 2020
Location: Palm Island
Closing Date: Friday 23rd August 2019
St Michael's Catholic School, Palm Island is a co-educational Catholic primary school on Palm Island, offering Prep to Year 6. St Michael's Catholic School exists to service the community's Indigenous people, with the majority of students being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent.
What we are looking for
This career opportunity is open to innovative Religious Education school leaders who are resilient, creative, hardworking, and focused on developing the capacity of each student and staff member. As the Assistant Principal Religious Education leader, you will be responsible for the leadership and management of quality Catholic schooling. You will lead, guide and influence within the school faith community.
This position will commence with our school in Term 1 of 2020 for a 5 Year Contract.
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
- Displays confidence, curiosity, enthusiasm and optimism
- Displays emotional intelligence in working with individuals and groups
- Builds an inclusive, trusting community and cultivates productive working relationships
- Is an effective coach able to respond clearly and able to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Promotes the Catholic vision in the school's goals, policies, programs and structures
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a current resume
- Upload a written response with reference to the Position Description and the Catholic Education Leadership Framework (in no more than 2 pages) outlining your ability to lead in the following key leadership areas:
- Faith and Mission leadership
- Educational leadership
- Staff and community leadership
Applications close: 4pm Friday 23rd August 2019.
For a confidential conversation please contact Stephanie Giorcelli on 07 4773 0900
For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.