Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College provides an education for children aged 3-18 in South London. We have been educating young people since 1876 and throughout that time our approach has been epitomised by high standards and academic excellence, a tradition that continues today. Our values of aspiration and achievement, personal responsibility, self-discipline and mutual respect are evident in all our work and result in young people who develop and grow as independent, resourceful and resilient individuals.
The successful candidate will work with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the quality of teaching is outstanding, that the school’s curriculum is fit for purpose and to lead on whole school initiatives or phase.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job
In the nature of this role, the precise responsibilities will be developed according to the development needs of the individual and the needs of the College/Academy at the time of appointment. However, the responsibilities will include the following:
- To assist in quality assuring the implementation of the Federation assessment system
- To lead on whole school initiatives or phase e.g.
o Professional Learning
o Pupil Premium Impact
o Sixth Form Development
- To contribute to the academy’s Quality Assurance programme, including lesson observations, work scrutiny, progress data and the sharing of good practice throughout the academy
- To impact positively on the quality of teaching across the academy
- To assist in quality assuring department self-evaluation and action planning processes
- To work with the Vice Principals in ensuring that the learning environment throughout the College/Academy is conducive to and in keeping with our high expectations
- Develop external links and partnerships, working with the academy Careers and Transition Coordinator to ensure students have a smooth passage between all key stages
- To liaise with and to develop the work of the Parents’ Associations
- To undertake any duties as may reasonable be required by the CEO and Principal