It is remarkable what a difference exceptional teaching and learning can make.It’s no surprise that when we have teachers who care, who are enthusiastic and embrace every opportunity to ensure our children’s learning experience is exciting and exceptional, they make a huge difference to each of those student’s lives.
Now is the perfect time to join Sir Herbert Leon Academy as Assistant Principal . This exciting opportunity to join our friendly team after we have moved from an Inadequate Ofsted designation to Required Improvements with ’Good’ for Leadership & Management, Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare and Post 16.
With our ‘broad and balanced’ curriculum as well as ‘pupils behaving well in lessons, break and lunchtimes’ being recognised by Ofsted, Sir Herbert Leon Academy is very much a school on its way to ‘Good’.
Sir Herbert Leon is part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) a network of over 60 primary, secondary and special academies.
You will be an outstanding teacher, a team player/leader and have a proven track record of having significant impact in your current post. You must have the drive and intent to secure rapid school improvement through creative and innovative approaches to learning and demonstrate the ability to embrace and promote change. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and determined to support the Academy in continuing its planned improvement.
- To develop the vision for our School’s provision for students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in developing a culture of high aspirations for the achievement for our students in our academy
- Ability to teach English, Maths or Science up to A Level
- Ability to lead whole school initiatives to promote outcomes for our disadvantaged cohort
This role would suit someone with the ability to lead by example, inspire staff and pupils alike and who aspires to join us in developing our growing academy
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we are inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 21 May 2019 at 12.00pm
Interviews will take place Thursday 23 May 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.