‘Active Citizens Future Leaders’
Grove Academy Slough
Required September 2021
Salary: £53,888 - £56,506 L10 - L12 - Leadership Scale London Fringe, dependent on experience
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational, driven, child-focused Assistant Principal to join our Senior Leadership Team at Grove Academy.
This is an amazing opportunity to contribute to creating a powerful and effective learning environment for our inclusive community.
Grove Academy is a new and expanding free school which opened in September 2017 and is the first all-through school to open in Slough. The school will grow each year to a full capacity of 1,940 including sixth form.
We have recently moved into our brand new building in Chalvey and are excited to be fully resourced for a rich and broad curriculum.
We are looking for an Assistant Principal who:
• Will work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure outstanding leadership and management within the academy
• Is an excellent communicator and team player who can form positive and meaningful relationships with staff, children, governors, parents and the wider community
• Has high expectations of behaviour and is able to motivate staff and pupils
• Can analyse and interpret data to identify priorities for continuous improvement and support clear strategic decisions
• Is able to model excellence in the classroom and lead the development of colleagues at all levels
• Is an exceptional middle/senior leader with a demonstrable commitment to helping pupils achieve their best
In return we can offer you the opportunity to:
• Be part of a forward thinking, vibrant and happy school community
• Work with a great staff who support and value each other
• Work in a friendly, inclusive and supportive environment
• Have opportunities to develop and grow professionally
• Be well supported by a committed leadership team who are visible and lead by example
• Access to our employee assistance programme, including Cycle to Work scheme, confidential counselling service, discounted gym memberships and supermarket discounts.
If you feel excited about joining our team and can commit to our relentless drive in improving life chances for our young people then we would love to hear from you.
Please visit our website for more information, the applicant information pack and application form or click on the links on the TES website.
Applications without a supporting statement will not be considered.
All completed applications should be returned to Carolyn Daniel, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date – Wednesday 19th May 2021
Interview dates - Friday 21st and Monday 24th May 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please contact the school if you would like to arrange a meeting with one of the leadership team to discuss the role further.
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years
Grove Academy is the first all-through school to open in Slough and provides high quality education for 4 to 18 year olds. Grove is the second school to emerge from the unique collaboration of secondary schools in Slough. They creat...