PACA wishes to appoint an outstanding individual to take on the role of Assistant Principal with responsibility for teaching and learning. This is a great opportunity to join a popular and growing school as well as being a stepping-stone towards headship.
PACA is growing fast. After two years of increasingly strong results, PACA is now over-subscribed. Next year we will see an additional 160 students in the school, and with this comes new opportunities to grow and develop.
PACA is part of the Aldridge Education Multi-Academy Trust and as such, the successful candidate will develop teaching and learning at PACA in collaboration with colleagues from across the family of schools. This is an exciting time for Aldridge Education, with a new Chief Executive joining from Ark at the beginning of May.
The successful individual will be responsible driving improvement and consistency in teaching and learning across all departments of the school. A key theme for Aldridge Academies is Enterprise and Entrepreneurship. As such, one of the themes for teaching and learning is promoting independence and creating a climate of self-motivation.
We are looking for a creative leader who:
- Has credibility as an outstanding practitioner
- Has exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Has a track record of driving forward improvements
- Is committed to developing a positive, enthusiastic learning culture for all staff
- Is intuitive, personable with a good sense of humor and strong sense of moral purpose
- Has strong evidence of being prepared for this pivotal role as a major leader of improvement
- Can work closely with the Principal and Vice Principal in shaping and implementing the strategic direction of the school community.
We can offer:
- A growing school on a journey to outstanding, fully staffed, with a track record of results within the top three schools in Brighton and Hove
- A dynamic, comprehensive and happy school with a strong sense of community and exceptionally positive relationships
- A culture in which learning is valued by staff, students and parents/carers
- A school which places great value on the extended curriculum including STEM, Social Action, enterprise and entrepreneurship and enrichment
- High quality professional development that includes involvement in national networks and across the multi-academy trust
- An opportunity to shape the future for a whole generation of young people and beyond
Visits from prospective applicants are welcome and can be arranged by contacting Mrs S Cahill at email@example.com
Portslade Aldridge Community Academy is an 11-18 state funded Academy. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please visit our website http://www.paca.uk.com/work-at-paca for further details regarding the post and how to apply and send your application with a supporting letter outlining how your previous experience would enable you to fulfil this role to Mrs S Cahill at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 18th March 2019
Interviews week commencing: 25th March 2019
To apply for the role
Please complete our application form, which can be downloaded from the PACA website http://www.paca.uk.com/work-at-paca
It will help us if you follow these instructions:
- We would prefer you to fill in your application using Word
- If you use a MAC please save you document in a word compatible format
- If you complete your application by hand, please use black ink. Any separate sheets should include your name on each sheet
- Please give the full name and title of both your referees, and ensure that the full address, telephone numbers and email addresses are included. Your referees will be contacted if you are shortlisted for interview.
If you are short-listed for interview we will need to contact you by telephone or by email, so please ensure that you include daytime and evening contact numbers and your email address.
Please submit your application for to: email@example.com. If you are shortlisted and have submitted your application form by email you will be asked to sign a hard copy and interview.
Your application must arrive before the closing date.
Please note that PACA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff to share this commitment. All our staff are required to complete a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and to declare previous convictions.