The Co-operative Academy of Leeds is a popular and genuinely comprehensive 11-18 school located just outside the city centre of Leeds, with easy access from major motorways and good transport links.
The Academy is part of the Co-op Academies Trust, which currently comprises six secondary Academies in Leeds, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent and four primary Academies based in Leeds, although there are plans for expansion across both phases in the coming months.
Since our last and very recent Ofsted inspection, when the Academy was judged to Require Improvement, we have already made significant advances in the quality of teaching and learning and the progress of our students is rapidly improving. We are fully committed to working towards our ambition of becoming a Good and then Outstanding Academy and wish to welcome an inspiring and driven colleague who will share this goal.
You will be:
- An effective classroom practitioner with a proven track record of inspiring and motivating students
- Able to plan for success and evaluate progress and outcomes
- Committed to working closely with the leadership team to raise student aspirations and achievement
- Able to coach, inspire and enthuse students effectively
- Passionate about child-centred educational values as espoused by the Cooperative Academies Trust
You can expect:
- Outstanding professional support
- Opportunities for career development
- An Academy with a burgeoning reputation for improvement
- The support of a forward-looking and values-driven Academies Trust
- A vibrant and dynamic student body which deserves the very best in teaching and support
The successful candidate will be joining us at our most exciting time and will play a substantial role in building on our vision for continued future success.
There will be an opportunity for candidates to visit the Academy prior to submitting an application, on each of the following dates: Tuesday 19th and Tuesday 26th September (am); Monday 25th September (am/pm). Candidates can email to make an appointment.
Further details and application forms can be found on the Academy’s website www.cal.coop or by contacting Dianne Singleton at email@example.com. This is also the email address to which completed applications should be submitted.
Closing Date: 12.00 p.m. on Monday 2nd October
Selection process: Week commencing 9th October
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this position. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.