We are looking for an experienced class teacher to join our academy as an Assistant Principal. We want to hear from aspiring senior leaders who have a successful track record in teaching, either in EYFS, KS1 or KS2. We are seeking talented individuals who want to continue the success of our academy, and share our vision for providing and outstanding environment for teaching and learning.
We can offer you a range of bespoke courses and qualifications through our Teaching School, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQH for aspiring principals. Succession planning is a key part of our success as a Federation, and we believe that we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of Leaders. We can help prepare you for your next Senior Leadership challenge, investing in your knowledge and expertise through regular support, coaching and a wide range of professional development and training.
What we are looking for
You will be a successful teacher, holding QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree, ideally with significant experience in multi-racial and urban areas. You will also be an outstanding communicator, with proven strengths in engaging with, inspiring and motivating not just the school community, but the wider community, in order to drive local regeneration.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Mayflower
Harris Primary Academy Mayflower is a thriving, diverse and friendly three form entry academy that launched in September 2014 and is funded through the free school programme. We serve the communities of Chafford Hundred and West Thurrock. We moved into our brand new building, capable of accommodating five forms of entry, in 2016, and were rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Mayflower?
- An Ofsted 'Outstanding' academy: “All staff set high expectations and share a strong determination to help pupils achieve as successfully as possible. Pupils mirror this resolve and make every effort to meet these expectations.”
- A new building, with state-of-the-art facilities, in which to teach and learn
- A strong and supportive team of colleagues, all working towards the shared belief that children thrive when they feel consistently happy and safe at school
- A commitment to excellence encapsulated in our vision statement: "Excellence, Every Child, Every Day"
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Primary Academy Mayflower are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0203 772 4588 or email email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing children!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Harris is a Federation and not a chain; each academy is different, reflecting the particular aspirations and leadership style of its Principal. Our vision is that Harris academies work collaboratively in sharing school improvement strategies, and support one another as part of the wider Harris Federation.
We look for talented leaders who want to help transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.