Due to the promotion of the current postholder, Horsmonden Primary Academy has a rare and exciting opportunity to appoint an Assistant Principal and Year 6 Teacher who will join us from January 2020. In joining our current Leadership Team, you will contribute your energy and vision to drive the academy to achieve its full potential. This is a great leadership opportunity and is ideal for a teacher keen to take their experience to the next level.
Your teaching responsibility will be within Year 6 and appropriate release time will be offered for leadership duties – therefore, upper Key Stage 2 experience is essential. Ideally, our successful candidate will also offer a specialism in Maths. The overarching purpose of the role is to provide professional leadership and management of Teaching and Learning and Curriculum Development across the academy in order to raise standards of student attainment and achievement across the school. This role would particularly suit a strong and ambitious teacher seeking to take their experience to the next level, or a current Assistant Principal looking to develop a long term career within one of the most successful multi-academy trusts. You will receive the support and guidance you need to not only develop the school but also your own career within the supportive environment of the Trust.
The successful candidate will be:
- An enthusiastic and energetic Key Stage 2 Teacher or a current Assistant Principal with proven successful primary experience who is dedicated and resilient
- Ideally, a Maths specialist with previous cross-academy experience and responsibility
- A motivational and aspirational leader with high expectations of all staff
- Confident, inspirational, able to communicate and deliver a clear vision for the school
- Committed to developing our children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance
- Approachable and willing to work with staff across the Trust and Governors to implement strategies to move the school forward
- Able to develop and establish excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders
In return, you will receive:
- Excellent opportunities to develop your leadership skills within Horsmonden Primary Academy and the Leigh Academies Trust
- The opportunity to join an improving academy and make a difference to pupil progress and attainment with the support of a dedicated leadership team that is very supportive
- Opportunities to work closely with other Primary Leaders within the Leigh Academies Trust to share best practice
If you have any queries regarding any aspect of the application process or need additional information about the role, please contact Olivia Couzins, Head of Recruitment on 01634 412 240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.