Required! A suitably skilled and experienced individual to take responsibility for the day to day management of the school’s finance function and support the SBM in the management of ancillary services.
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation. We are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as, alongside our new headteacher, we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. We recently joined the newly formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust consisting of ourselves and two outstanding schools - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School where there will be opportunities to work collaboratively within the wider MAT community sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over this past year.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
You will be an aspiring school business manager with significant experience of working in a finance environment, able to establish and embed required financial procedures and protocols across school and exploit the potential of the new finance system to effectively manage school income and expenditure within agreed budgets.
Reporting to the School Business Manager, the post holder will be someone who:
- has a relevant finance or business qualification at Level 3 or equivalent experience
- has experience of managing budgets, financial reporting, procurement and fixed assets
- has experience of supervising or managing a small finance team
- has experience of or demonstrates the aptitude to support the business manager in the management of other ancillary functions such as in house catering and administration.
- has advanced IT skills including the use of higher level functions of Microsoft Excel, able to interrogate and manipulate data and produce reports
- is fully aware of audit procedures and the necessity for financial compliance to the organisation’s financial regulations
- is able to produce accurate management reports and statistical analysis suitable for a range of stakeholders including non-financial managers
- has excellent organisational and planning skills, able to work independently and with demonstrated flexibility in order to meet deadlines and the demands of the role
- has excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage colleagues at all levels, including those without financial expertise
- demonstrates personal integrity and professionalism and role models those personal qualities we wish to instil in our students
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development
- opportunities to get involved with extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
Please note all staff are employed by The Bishop Fraser Trust.
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact the School Business Manager Elaine Hodson, email@example.com
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Hodson to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply, please complete the TES online application form or, in the event of difficulty, download an application form from our website and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring in your letter of application that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Monday 12th November.