Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Assistant Secretary to join an outstanding independent, all boys’ preparatory school in central London. The role will include tasks, which facilitate the smooth running of the office and the school. The successful candidate will undertake general administrative tasks, greet visitors, answer the telephone and assist with organising events. There is also an element of school financial accounting and acting as a PA to the Head. This role is a permanent position to begin in September.
About the Role
· Assistant School Secretary
· Full time role
· Hours of work are 8am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
· Annual leave should be taken in term time where possible
· General admin
· Assisting in the running of the school office
· Financial accounting
· PA to the Head
· Deputise as facilities manager as required
· Begin in September on a permanent basis
· Salary between £24,000 - £28,000
About the School
· Independent all boys’ preparatory school
· Stunning building
· Central London location
· Extremely well resourced working environment
· Supportive team
In order to be considered for this role, the Assistant Secretary will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be competent in the use of Microsoft Office and ICT
· Have knowledge of child protection and safeguarding
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent school based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMA18141.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.