This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional to join our team of committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what students can achieve. We are looking for a dedicated, attentive SEN Teacher to work with our children, to help provide a structured and motivating learning experience for students to reach their individual potential. We are looking for someone who will:
Support the Faculty Director in continuing to deliver our vision of an outstanding, inclusive academy with the highest standards of teaching, learning and pupil progress
Ready for your next step in teaching?
We are looking for a Experienced SEN teacher (with recognised, up-to-date qualification to access pupils for exam access arrangements who has the flexibility and knowledge to work with a range of pupils with SEN needs and to assist the SENCO. The successful applicant will be resilient, creative and a dynamic practitioner, willing to undertake National SENCO Award training.
You will be fully supported through a comprehensive Induction Programme both within and across the Harris Federation Schools. With unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
In line with the Government’s announcement, our academy is closed until further notice. However, during this period it is our intention to continue with critical recruitment for key positions starting in September 2020. In place of academy interviews, alternative options will be offered so that no one is at a disadvantage, and applicants should expect telephone or virtual interviews, with the possibility of onsite academy interviews only in special cases. We want to reassure applicants that effective measures have been implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing whilst on academy premises.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
What we are looking for:
- We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
- The successful applicant will be resilient, creative and a dynamic practitioner,
- Must hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant degree.
- Must have a current SpLD Assessment Practising Certificate, a post-graduate qualification in individual assessment at or equivalent to Level 7
- You will be fully supported through a comprehensive Induction Programme both within and across the Harris Federation.
- To assist with Access arrangements - Organise and complete Access Arrangements following with JCQ requirements, in order for our students to have the best opportunity in any examination
- Deliver 1:1 or small group literacy intervention according to pupil need
- To undertake an appropriate programme of teaching in accordance with the duties of a standard scale teacher. This to include small group work, in-class support and some whole class teaching of own subject.
- To teach students with a range of SEN needs.
- To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required
- To assist the SENCO with training other staff members
- To assist the SENCO with a range of duties including provision mapping, assessments, records and documentary evidence, liaison and meetings with other professionals.
- To assist the Senco with managing and deploying Teaching Assistants.
- To work with a range of other professionals e.g. SALT, EP, CAMHS, Children’s Serivices
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich:
Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is judged Outstanding by Ofsted. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution.
Why work at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich?
- The number seven boys' comprehensive school for student progress, which has been in the top 6% for student progress every year for the past five years
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, we combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching, learning and technology
- A superb group of students, teachers and support staff, led by an exceptionally experienced and supportive leadership team
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0208 299 5300 or email email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Inner London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Harris Federation stands as the leading large Multi Academy Trust for both primary and secondary education in Greater London. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers is paramount to what we do. Social mobility has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation, which is why we have continuously set out to transform standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining us. We are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education in order to nurture their individual potential.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.