We are looking for a highly inspired and motivated Assistant SENDO who is committed and passionate about meeting the needs of our students so they fully engage and make progress in lessons.
They will work closely with our SENDCO, supporting and liaising with staff, parents and external agencies to ensure identified student's need are met.
The successful candidate line manage learning assistant team and help to ensure high quality in-class support. The position will require vision, expertise and commitment in the area of SEN. The Assistant SENDCO will ideally have experience in multi-agency working and have a strong awareness of SEN legislation that underpins practise in schools.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Education to level 3 (A level) or equivalent
- Willingness to obtain and/or enhance qualifications and training for development in the post
- Experience of engaging families to support the school’s work with students
- Line management of staff within a school setting
- Ability to build relationships with students
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and an openness to new approaches
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children Rigorous checks will be undertaken of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.
The Principal is happy to offer tours of the Academy to prospective candidates. To apply for this role please click on the quick apply button.