Start Date: February 2020
Part-time, Permanent post: Hours negotiable from 20 -35 hours per week
Band C - Salary Range £18,426 - £22,462 pro rata
The Assistant Site Manager’s main role is to work with the Site Manager to ensure a safe, secure and clean environment for all the staff and students at Solihull Academy.
Solihull Academy is a free school, situated in Solihull, just minutes off junction 4 of the M42 which opened in April 2018, catering for up to 110 Year 9-11 pupils that will ensure all students across the Local Authority have access to a high-quality alternative educational provision.
We are looking for an Assistant Site Manager to be part of our existing team to be responsible for maintaining the school site to high standards.
Working with the Site Manager, the successful candidate will:
• Take a role in making the school a safe environment for all
• Provide timely and practical repairs to the school site; a knowledge of basic DIY skills is required
• Be reasonably fit to cope with the lifting and carrying involved in the role
• Assist with managing access to the premises and maintain security
• Work with and support our students and their learning
• Ensure effective communication between staff, contractors and others as appropriate.
• Ensure the School is open, and staffed for all school activities and agreed lettings.
If you are a team player who is interested in working with young people in an innovative classroom environment, perhaps with previous experience as an Assistant Site Manager in an educational environment please refer to our school website www.sa.solihull.sch.uk. Application forms and further information are also available to download from the Solihull Academy website www.sa.solihull.sch.uk, and should be returned via email to HR@sa.solihull.sch.uk. Alternatively, applications can be returned by post to: FAO Stephen Steinhaus, Principal, Solihull Academy, The Quadrangle, Shirley, Solihull, B90 4LE. Only applications submitted on the school application form will be considered. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: Wednesday 22 January 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
Interviews will take place: Monday 27 January 2020
Solihull Academy is committed to the protection and safety of its students. Posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure by the Disclosure Barring Service.