Assistant Subject Leader of Mathematics (responsibility for a Key Stage)
MPS or UPS (Outer London) with a TLR 2a
Full time preferred, but part-time applications considered
Required for September 2018
We also welcome applications from NQTs/those who have recently entered the profession and would consider appointing a Teacher of Mathematics rather than Assistant Subject Leader for the right candidate.
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic Mathematics Subject Area where there is a high demand from students and a strong record of success. Based in one of the top achieving grammar schools in the country, with commendably high Value Added, it offers you the potential to develop your own career in an outstanding school. WCGS blends the best of tradition with the cutting edge of curriculum developments.
For the successful candidate, this is your chance to:
• Teach enthusiastic and high-achieving students at KS3, KS4 and A Level, and potentially Further Mathematics A Level and STEP/Oxbridge entrance;
• Working in a flourishing Mathematics Faculty staffed by subject specialists in a school where the vast majority of Sixth Form students study A Level Mathematics;
• Working within a School where GCSE results are always in the top 50 state schools in the country;
• Working in a school which has Value Added scores which are consistently in the top 2% nationally; top 1% for Mathematics;
• Be responsible for the running of a Key Stage in Mathematics, with additional responsibilities in consultation with the Head of Faculty depending on the interests of the candidate.
Our overall aim is for all our students to love Maths and to want to do more. It is a wonderful feeling to hear a conversation between students leaving school at the end of the day discussing the problems they have been solving in a Maths test!
Application packs are available from the School website at https://wcgsacademytrust.fluencycms.co.uk/Assistant-Subject-Leader-of-Maths or by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please return your completed Application Form electronically to email@example.com as soon as you are ready but no later than the closing date. Please be aware that part of the application form requires a statement which will act as a letter of application to the Head of School. Please note CVs will not be considered.
Visits to the School are welcome prior to application. Please contact Mrs Jo Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Monday 19th March 2018 (12 noon)
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Candidates may be called for interview upon receipt of their application.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The recruitment process will include an enhanced DBS check, medical screening, confirmation of right to work in the UK and all other pre- employments checks in line with safer recruitment requirements.