We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring Teacher of English to join the department from September 2019 on a full time basis.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be ‘Outstanding in all areas’ by Ofsted. Progress 8 results at GCSE place us in the top 10% of schools nationally on a rolling three year basis.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hard-working teacher who meets the criteria below:
- Be an innovative practitioner who can motivate students, with a proven track record of good results
- Have the leadership and organisational skills to lead a key stage
- Be able to give clear direction to teaching and learning at a key stage
- Have a passion for English and the ability to share this with young people.
We offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff who are committed to raising student achievement even further.
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application, we also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact Yvonne Clements, Headteacher’s PA (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you would like to arrange a visit.
An application pack may be downloaded from our website www.theweald.org.uk Please note that an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned to email@example.com
Closing date: 10am, Monday 20 May 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.