We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed Assistant Teacher/Leaning Mentor to join us at Sheiling School.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required.
What we offer
· 39.4 weeks worked, 12.6 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
· Perkbox benefits package, Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
· Pension scheme
· Free onsite parking, subject to availability
About the job
· To be involved in supporting the delivery of all aspects of the school’s curriculum, in line with the school’s policies.
· You will be in a wide range of settings, including in the classroom, the outdoor curriculum, and possibly craft sessions, sports, swimming and outdoor break times.
· Ensure pupils achieve their full educational potential and demonstrate positive values, attitudes and behaviour you expect from the pupils.
· Educated to Degree level in a relevant subject and/or education.
· Experience within a special SEN school/unit experience for a minimum of 2 years.
· Waldorf qualification and/or experience or willingness to learn and incorporate in practice.
· Outstanding communication skills.
· Experience of working with SEN pupils and pupils with challenging behaviour essential.
Hour and working patters
The salary is £20,276.41 to £21,611.88 per annum, dependent on relevant experience and qualifications
37.5 hours a week working 8:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday.
To apply, please take a look at our website at www.sheilingschool.org.uk or
request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.