The Reach Free School is looking to appoint a talented, supportive, adaptable individual to take on the broad role of Assistant Teacher for Bespoke Pupils Support in the school. The role has many aspects including:
- • Supporting a range of mixed ability pupils, for whom the school receives additional funding, to make more than expected progress in their different subjects
- • Communicating with parents, guardians and carers to build good relationships between home and school for these pupils
- • Promoting high attendance and intervening as appropriate
- • Offering extra-curricular activities as part of our integrated programme
- • Promoting reading for pleasure
The role would suit a candidate with experience of working in a supportive role in a school environment, or a graduate seeking experience of such an environment prior to embarking on a programme to gain qualified teacher status.
In return we will offer you:
- • A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- • Opportunities to develop a broad range of skills in a vibrant and evolving environment
- • Opportunities to progress to a career in teaching via the Schools Direct programme where viable
- • A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
The Reach Free School is a successful and rapidly growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The over-subscribed school is a popular choice for local families and is looking for staff to join from September 2017. From 2018, the school will be moving to a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves.
If the challenges of working to develop a new, local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information, including how to apply, is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 224764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 2nd May 2017
Interviews to take place: Friday 5th May 2017
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Child Protection Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as 'spent' must be declared when applying. The applicant may post such a declaration in an envelope marked 'Private & confidential for the Headteacher’. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level.