Assistant Teacher for SEND Support
Dates: Apply by Monday 22nd October 2018
Contract type: Part Time (8.00am-1.00pm Monday to Friday)
Term Time only
Contract term: Fixed Term, initially for one year
Salary: Start salary of £17,700 (FTE) per annum
Start Date: November 2018
The Reach Free School is looking to appoint a talented, supportive, adaptable individual to take on the broad role of Assistant Teacher for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Support in the school. The role has many aspects including:
- Supporting an individual pupil, for whom the school receives additional funding, to make more than expected progress in their different subjects
- Communicating with parents to build a good relationship between home and school for this pupil
- Promoting high attendance and intervening as appropriate
- Promoting reading for pleasure
The role would suit a candidate with experience of working in a supportive role in a school environment, or a graduate seeking experience of such an environment prior to embarking on a programme to gain qualified teacher status.
In return we will offer you:
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- Opportunities to develop a broad range of skills in a vibrant and evolving environment
- Opportunities to progress to a career in teaching via the Schools Direct programme where viable
- A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
The Reach Free School is a successful and rapidly growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The over-subscribed school is a popular choice for local families and has recently moved into a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves.
If the challenges of working to develop a new, local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 711517 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 22nd October 2018
Interviews to take place: Thursday 25th October 2018
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Child Protection Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as 'spent' must be declared when applying. The applicant may post such a declaration in an envelope marked 'Private & confidential for the Headteacher’. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level.