Start Date : January 2022 or sooner
The Laurus Trust - Unashamedly Academic
We are looking for an individual who;
• Has excellent and demonstrable subject knowledge and can deliver high quality teaching and learning across all key stages
• Inspires students to strive for excellence and is committed to our ethos that we do ‘whatever it takes’ to ensure that all students achieve their potential
The Laurus Trust is a highly successful and growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England. Our vision is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey 97% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
Due to continued growth and expansion, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Trust Assistant Director of SEND to join the team. Although you will be based at Cheadle Hulme High School, support will be required across all Trust Schools. You will facilitate and encourage learning which enables students to achieve high standards; to share and support the corporate responsibility for the well-being, education and discipline of all students.
- As your sphere of influence grows, so grows your responsibility for stewardship of these guiding principles and qualities:
- Show unswerving commitment to the shared vision and values – badge on shirt.
- Demonstrate impeccable standards of competency within areas of expertise - focus on learning.
- Have a sense of urgency for sustainable results - does whatever it takes.
- Challenge the status quo - eye on the horizon.
- Strive for autonomy whilst securing accountability - develops agency in others.
- Focus on team over self - demonstrates self-sacrificial leadership.
- Commit to continuous improvement for self and others - recognises that better is possible.
- Build trust through clear communication and expectations - develops commitment to the vision in others.
At the heart of our success at Laurus is the passionate belief in the importance of professional learning for all our staff. A rich diet of research informed pedagogy ensures that our teachers are at the cutting edge of their practice. To support this, we financially support masters and doctoral level study alongside the NPQ suite of qualifications.
We also offer a wide range of other employee benefits to all of our staff in return for their commitment to our schools, and to help contribute towards improving their overall well-being. These can be found detailed in our Candidate Applicant Pack.
Applying to the Laurus Trust
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time of continuous progression and growth, then we would like to hear from you.
For more information about The Laurus Trust, or for further information relating to the role and the School you’re applying to, please download the Candidate Information Pack or visit https://www.laurustrust.co.uk/
Please note: an application form must be completed as CV’s will not be accepted. To complete an application form please click ‘Quick Apply’.
Disability Confident Committed
The Laurus Trust is committed to Equal Opportunities for all candidates. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we strongly encourage applications from all persons with a known disability, and we will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview and given the opportunity to demonstrate their skills, talents and abilities.
If you would prefer to request a manual application pack, or should you require any additional support in completing your application, please feel free to contact us on 0161 485 7201 or via e-mail at; email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 20th September 2021 at 9.00am
Interview Date: Monday 27th September 2021
The Laurus Trust and its affiliated schools are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Laurus Trust
- English secondary schools