Assistant Vice Principal
Post 16 Collaborative
- Have the ambition, vision and drive to lead our growing collaborative Post 16 provision across two secondary schools?
- Wish to lead and develop our Directors of Sixth Form and broader teams and contribute to Trust wide improvement?
- Have the skills and qualities required to develop teaching and learning, raise outcomes and promote Post 16/18 provision as a first choice provider?
The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies is seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented leader with an excellent track record of securing outcomes at Post 16. Our collaborative provides a range of Level 2 and Level 3 courses with students being hub based or travelling the short distance between our two sites. Spanning two local authorities (Doncaster and Rotherham), our Sixth Form is on track to hit 300 plus students in the near future.
If so, Maltby Learning Trust and the collaborative provision between Sir Thomas Wharton Academy and Maltby Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner, with high expectations of all learners and professionals within the team
- Be a team player and work closely with other leaders, practitioners and stakeholders to develop and implement effective strategies and processes of Academy improvement
- Be committed to raising standards and secure positive progression routes for all students
In return we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff and Trust Leaders
- Purpose-built Sixth Form learning and study spaces which inspire and engage
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development
- An opportunity to work collaboratively within a multi academy Trust and local authority Post 16 strategic groups
Prospective candidates are invited to visit both Academies and meet the team. Please contact Reception on 01709 864100 if you wish to make an appointment.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
For further information please contact Rachel Nash (Executive Principal) via PA to the Principal Mrs Nichola Winder on 01709 864100
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Sir Thomas Wharton, Maltby Academy or Maltby Learning Trust websites or can be obtained by calling the Academies.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be sent for the attention of Mrs R Nash, Executive Principal (Maltby Learning Trust) to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below.
Closing Date: Monday 20th May 2019 at 9am
Interviews: w/c Monday 20th May 2019
Tait Avenue, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1HH.
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children.
An Equal Opportunities Employer.