We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified Assistant Vice Principal with energy, integrity and commitment to the Academy’s vision and Christian ethos to lead the provision for our SEND students as well as leading curriculum support for groups of students (particularly at KS3) who are at risk of underperforming.
Joining us as Assistant Vice Principal, you will have responsibility of training staff and quality assure in class/support, to deliver quality-first teaching that meets the needs of students with SEND learning needs.
The role also includes:
- Leading and managing the provision for special educational needs and disabilities within the Academy
- Liaising with classroom support staff, class teachers and senior leaders
- Liaising with and developing relationships with external agencies and parents
- Having the ability to inspire and motivate colleagues and students to promote co-operation, collaboration and teamwork
You will need to be a qualified teacher who preferably holds the National SENDCo Award.
If you believe you have the vision and commitment to work in an Academy which seeks to raise achievement as well as set and maintain high standards and expectations, please get in touch.
Closing date: Noon on Monday 9 December 2019.
Interview date: w/c 16 December 2019.
Bede Academy, Northumberland
- Bede Academy is the fourth school in the outstandingly successful ESF family
- Distinct Christian ethos
- State-of-the-art facility
- Excellent standards in student attainment and behaviour with all expected to achieve their personal best
- Excellent CPD provision and scope for career development
Bede Academy takes its responsibility for safeguarding children very seriously and successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Disclosure along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.