Maltings Academy and New Rickstones Academy in Witham, Essex are graded ‘Outstanding’ and ‘Good’ by Ofsted respectively. Both have a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike. Over the last 3 years we have made great strides in academy improvement and we believe we are at an exciting stage of our development.
We have a committed and ambitious team which includes colleagues from Future Leaders and Teach First, and have been very successful at developing teachers and leaders with progression both within and beyond the academy.
You will join an academy where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
We are looking for an Assistant Vice Principal to lead on Teaching and Learning at New Rickstones Academy. The roles will be initially based at New Rickstones Academy but is required to work across both as required. If leading on and further developing teaching and learning drives and excites you then we want to hear from you!
We actively welcome applications from middle leaders looking for their first post onto SLT, as well as from experienced colleagues looking to further develop their career.
We are looking for:
- Experience of leadership in either a whole school or subject-led capacity.
- Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking SLT.
- The ability to consult, devise, communicate, implement, monitor and evaluate school improvement with a relentless focus on student outcomes
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specifications
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy and creating an ethos in which students feel secure and valued.
- A proven record of raising and maintaining standards in teaching and learning.
- Our commitment to further developing you as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- To be part of an academy moving forward at pace.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and no excuses
- A mentorship programme to develop you as a future Leader.
This post is due to start in January 2018.
Closing date: Sunday 15 October 2017
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted on Monday 16 October for an interview on Thursday 19 October.
For a discussion about the role please contact Damian Lee, Head of Academy, email@example.com. To arrange a tour of the academy please contact Sue Wright (PA to Head of Academy) firstname.lastname@example.org / 01376 515 756 x230.
Both academies are key member of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET), a multi-academy sponsor which aims to provide the opportunity for all young learners to fulfil their real potential, broaden their horizons and become active, prosperous and successful citizens in the world around them. In each of the AET academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be offered membership of a Health Cash Plan, and Westfield Rewards. Academy staff also have discounted membership at the adjacent Witham Leisure Centre.
For further information on this position and to make an application please visit: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/academies-enterprise-trust-1058184
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin: further details can be found on our careers page.