Leadership Group Scale 12-16
Full time, Permanent Required for September 2020
Charlton is a successful, forward-thinking 11-16 comprehensive school, with 1,150 students currently on roll. Located in the town of Wellington, Shropshire, the School enjoys a semi-rural location, attracting students from neighbouring villages as well as from areas of Telford.
The School is seeking to appoint a passionate and inspirational individual with exceptional leadership qualities to this key role in the future development of the school.
Applications are sought from candidates who:
• Have an outstanding track record of excellence in learning and teaching, along with proven leadership experience at middle or senior leadership level
• Have personal authority, communication and organisational skills to lead and manage effectively and with impact
• Are able to think strategically, analytically and creatively with due regard for accountability
• Are committed to raising standards, expectations, achievement and understand the importance of meeting the Ofsted criteria for an outstanding Quality of Education
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to impact on the development of Teaching and Learning to ensure standards are further raised
• Is an exceptional classroom practitioner with a clear vision and understanding of the needs of young people in a secondary school environment
• Have successful experience of visioning, planning and implementing change at department or whole school level, including planning a curriculum and timetabling
Closing date: Monday 30th March 2020
Interview Date: TBC Week beginning Monday 20th April 2020