Established in 1694, Robert May's School is a coeducational comprehensive 11-16 secondary school with academy status, located in the village of Odiham, Hampshire with inclusive education and high expectations for all being the foundation on which the school was originally established. The school has undergone a period of growth in terms of student numbers and, by 2023, will have 1,350 students on roll with 10 forms in each year group. The school has an exceptional reputation in the community and is regularly over-subscribed.
Through our ‘Excellence: Every Person, Every Day’ model, the successful candidate will share our belief in achievement for all with a focus on whole-person development.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A career story that showcases ambition and can point to a commitment to drive excellence in order to raise standards and secure successful outcomes for all students
- A track record of developing trusting and supportive working relationships with staff that fosters their confidence and inspires and challenges them to further achievement
- Understanding of the barriers some students face and evidence of working in partnership with a range of stakeholders to overcome these barriers
- Experience of working with students at Key Stage 3 and implementing programmes to ensure that they can achieve to their full potential
- Understanding of the importance of good mental health and an ability to implement a whole-school mental health programme
- Ability to design and implement an effective PSHE programme at Key Stage 3
In return, we can offer you:
- Highly motivated, well-behaved and respectful students, supported by a hardworking, highly skilled and knowledgeable staff team
- A cohesive school community with strong relationships between students and staff
- Commitment to and opportunity for your continuing professional development
- A supportive and dedicated Senior Leadership Team and wider staff body
- An exciting opportunity to play a leading role in the school’s future development
- A competitive remuneration package that includes membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
We believe we have a unique school that delivers good education in a sought after location supported by a committed whole school team of teachers, support staff, leaders and trustees. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right individual to add to the success story at Robert May’s School. Our aim is to build on existing traditions of excellence and deliver a first-class educational experience for all.
Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer by email email@example.com or on 01256 702700 for further information or to arrange a visit.
Below you will find the key dates for our recruitment process:
• Closing date for applications: Tuesday 4th January 2022
• Shortlisted candidates will be notified by: Monday 10th January 2022
• Interviews will be held shortly after this date
Robert May’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
Robert May’s School is a highly successful comprehensive single academy trust school, with the largest catchment area in Hampshire. In recent years the school has ranked in the top 10% of national non-selective schools for attainment. Its 1,290...