We seek a dynamic and enthusiastic candidate to become part of our Senior Leadership team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years teaching experience in secondary education including at leadership level.
Full details of the role, including the person specification and detailed responsibilities can be found herein.
Our Governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
When applying for this position, please use The Billericay School application form, which can be found on our school website under Vacancies. Potential candidates are encouraged to get in touch with any questions they might have or to arrange a visit to the school.
• To fulfil all the requirements and duties set out in the current Pay and Conditions Documents relating to the conditions of employment for teachers, as well as the relevant standards for teachers.
• To be an outstanding practitioner.
Strategic Direction and Development:
• Be a member of the Extended Senior Leadership Team and participate fully in developing and communicating a clear and strategic vision of the development of the school.
• Motivate and empower others to carry this vision forward.
• Model the values and ethos of The Billericay School.
• Support the Headteacher, Deputy and Assistant Headteachers in leading and managing the school effectively and in the review, implementation, development and monitoring of whole school policies that promote the school’s values, aims and objectives.
• Contribute to management decisions on all aspects of policy, development and organisation by playing a significant role in school self-evaluation and in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the school’s improvement plan.
• Attend ESLT meetings when required.
• Plan, organise and chair meetings as appropriate.
• Attend meetings of the Governing body as required.
Line Management Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the raising of standards of attainment across the school, but specifically in the subject areas line managed.
• Accountable for student progress in the subject areas line managed.
• Ensure appropriate monitoring of teaching and learning in the subject areas line managed, developing the quality in accordance with school policies and procedures.
• Implement school policies on behavior and welfare
• Be accountable for staff deployment, training and performance management in the faculties line managed
• Accountable for appropriate use of the capitation budgets assigned to each subject area line managed
• Supervise the use of the classrooms assigned to the subject areas line managed, including adherence to the relevant health and safety regulations
• Manage the work of the technical and administrative staff assigned to the subject areas line managed
• Act as a form tutor and carry out related duties in accordance with the general job description of ‘Form Tutor’
• Attend all Parents’ Evenings, providing support for teaching staff in the areas line managed and a point of contact for parents seeking advice and guidance
• Attend key public events [school concerts & productions, award evenings, Open Evenings] as required, supporting SLT in the promotion of a positive school image to parents and the community
• Participate in appropriate meetings with colleagues and parents relative to the ESLT role
• Complete one ESLT lunchtime duty per week; providing senior staff oversight of an agreed area of the school
• Contribute to the delivery of assemblies [not more than once a year]
• Contribute to the SLT Detention Rota as required [occasional]
• Contribute to the SLT Bus Duty Rota as required [occasional]